The Wausau Conservatory of Music has grown and flourished over the years thanks to the philanthropic support of the community. Every investment is appreciated to help the school reach its annual fund drive goal. The Conservatory sponsors several fund raising events during the year. Click the link to the left for more information about these fun events. Annual Fund
One Big Performing Arts School:
Last year 866 students were involved in lessons, classes, ensembles, camps, jazz fest and more. These students held 88 recitals and concerts to audiences of over 6,425 people. That makes us one the region's largest performing arts schools.
Fast Facts as we celebrate our 30th Anniversary this school year:
- Tuition covers 70% of the costs - Donations 30% - Our total budget is $700,000
- WCM is an independent stand-alone non-profit solely supported by tuitions, grants, and donations.
- Our faculty are dedicated and inspirational. Donations help fund their studio and programs.
- Our building is 100% paid for, but funds help with repairs and upkeep.
- Rose Sale and Una Notte Bella raise a portion of the $47,000 financial aid scholarships given out.
- Two new endowment funds, River Valley Bank and Thelma Webb Fund, were set up this past year.
Ways to Give
It is easy to make a gift to the Wausau Conservatory of Music. Gifts can be made in a variety of ways including gifts of cash, stock, real estate, instruments or a planned gift.
- Matching Gifts
Many businesses have matching gift programs for contributions made by employees or retirees. Please ask your personnel department if your company matches gifts.
- Gift of Stock
A gift of appreciated stock is an excellent way to support the Conservatory and simultaneously avoid capital gains tax and take a charitable contribution.
- Use your IRA
On Aug. 17, 2006, President Bush signed into law new tax incentives for charitable gifts from donors who are 70½ or older. The Pension Protection Act of 2006 encourages financial support of charitable organizations across the United States. Under the law, you can make a lifetime gift using funds from your individual retirement account (IRA) without undesirable tax effects. Contact us for additional information.